The short answer to this question is, of course. If you have a website that is not working for you 24/7, then it’s serving little purpose for you and your business. The misconception around SEO is that you need to have a big marketing budget or know-how to trick Google into putting you on the first page. This couldn’t be further from the truth. Not doing any SEO, can be perceived as you letting your competition take all of your potential customers without putting up a fight. So if you are asking yourself, does my small business need SEO, you can answer that with a yes.
What is SEO
SEO is a process of accumulation leading to an increase in your rankings that leads to better quality traffic on your website. SEO’s core objective has always been to increase your visibility online. This increases your brand identity and helps grow your business. What could be more important for a small business than growing your brand and growing your business? The internet is not going anywhere, so you might as well play ball.
How Can SEO Help
So outside of just being found more online, what is it about SEO that truly helps drive the needle in the right direction for your business?
- The Internet is the master facilitator – Whether you are having issues believing it or not, the internet is not only now, but it’s also the future. Over 90% of online sessions begin with a search engine.
- SEO is one of the only strategies that will help you years from now – In essence, you are setting up your business for years to come. Search Engine Optimization done the right way may take time, but what you do today will help you years down the road.
- SEO traffic will convert better – The whole reason behind SEO, is to put you in front of people who are looking for you. This is also referred to as inbound marketing.
2020 and Its Effect on Small Business
As we have seen, 2020 has brought a whole list of new hurdles for small business owners to overcome. Coronavirus has crushed small businesses. 60% of small businesses that have closed so far this year will be a permanent closure. Knowing this your business has needed and will continue to need to adapt to the changing landscape. If one thing hasn’t changed, it’s how important your digital marketing strategy is.
Does SEO Work for All Small Businesses
A better question for you to ask yourself is, are people looking for my services online? If the question is yes, then SEO does work for you. If you are still not convinced, answer these question truthfully:
- Could you benefit from more people finding you or your business?
- Could you benefit from someone calling you or emailing you asking about the services you provide?
- Would it be nice for your website to be promoting your business 24/7?
If any of these questions were answered with a yes or even a maybe, then you could benefit from SEO. Next time you ask yourself, does my small business need SEO, you can say yes. Get found today!