There is no doubt that you have already heard the saying by a discouraged business owner that “SEO just wasn’t for me.” Were they right though? It is much easier to shrug off SEO as not working then actually trying to find out why it didn’t work. Bad strategy, deliverables not being met or just not giving it enough time could all be culprits. SEO can be for every industry, you just need to have the right expectations. The question that we need to answer is, what industries benefit from SEO the most, and why?
What are the Benefits of SEO
Being a Denver SEO company, we could go on all day about what benefits you would see from doing SEO. Instead, I will narrow it down to the top 3.
- Brand Awareness – Unless you are white label type firm, getting your brand out there should always be at the forefront of your marketing strategy.
- Results are quantifiable – Whether you are trying to rank higher, get more traffic to your website or simply grow your business, all of these goals can be tracked and measured.
- SEO Equity is timeless – The beautiful thing about SEO is that your efforts today will benefit you tomorrow. It is truly one of the few true investments for business’s marketing.
Calculating SEO Return on Investment
Before knowing how to measure your ROI, you need to make sure your website is set up to track conversions. Here is a simple step by step process on how to track conversions on your website. Once you know how many conversions you get then you can track your return on investment. For instance, if you are spending $1,000 on SEO, and your website is bringing you $2,000 in revenue then you have a 2 to 1 ROI.
What Industries Could see the Biggest Benefits from SEO
To answer the question, what industries benefit from SEO the most, you need to look at a few things.
- High cost transactions – This can be especially important when you’re starting out with SEO. If you convert on a visitor, how much revenue would they bring? We see this in the Legal, Home Services, and B2B type industries.
- Low Competition – We mostly see lower competition in niche type businesses. If your services are unique you could see some success.
- Visibility – If you need to get your name and brand out there then SEO is important. We see this with startups, nonprofits, etc.
What Industries Might Struggle with SEO
Some industries we see that struggle with SEO end up being less about the industry and more about a few “circumstances.”
- Low Cost Transactions – If you’re just starting out with SEO and provide a service or product that doesn’t yield a high price tag you could experience a negative return on investment for a while.
- High Competition – If your industry is saturated with others, then you could struggle at first with SEO and long term if the right strategy is not in place.
SEO can benefit mostly all industries, the expectations just need to be realistic and realized. If you would like to know more about how your industry would benefit from SEO, contact us today.