Since we are already one month into the new year, it’s important for you to know the best SEO strategies for 2021. Some things change and some remain the same, but for your business’s sake it’s important to be up to date. We will be discussing the main aspects of SEO and the best strategies for you to implement to your own SEO campaign in 2021.
2021 Content Strategies
SEO 101 tells that content needs to be unique and relevant to your website. More than that, what should be your strategy when it comes to your content?
- Word Count – A ranking factor that is starting to become more relevant is the more words you have, the better. When comparing two websites side by side, the one with more words tends to rank better.
- Keyword Optimization – Some love writing, and some don’t. Whichever category you fall into it would be a waste of time on your part to not do some high-level optimization when it comes to the content you are producing. Always remember that your content needs to speak to your users and the search engines.
- Header Tags – In addition to word count and keyword usage, we found that pages with more headers get better results. That doesn’t mean you have headers every other sentence, but make sure while splitting up a page or blog post that your headers relate to your keyword and help break up the content to make it easier to read.
- Internal Linking – There are many different forms of link building, but when it comes to content, you need to be linking all of the pages on your website strategically. It’s good to think of a website in relation to the highways all over the country. They all need to connect in some way, shape, or form.
Link Building in 2021
To put it as bluntly as possible, if you’re not link building, then you’re missing out on a major ranking factor for Google and other search engines. Google should always be looked at as a big popularity contest. Every link is a popularity vote for your website. Not all types of link building work for all types of businesses. For example, if you want to rank locally, then you should be trying to acquire local links and directories. If you’re a national brand, then you need to be looking into obtaining quality links for high authoritative websites. Remember, link building is important, but bad link building will hurt more than help.
Back in June of 2020, Google announced that user experience is about to become a major ranking factor for websites. When Google talks about user experience what do they mean?
- Page Speed – Although it has never been put in front of us in black in white by Google, faster websites rank better.
- Responsiveness – Since there are literally thousands of different devices out there, it is important for your website to respond favorably to them. According to a report from Hitwise, nearly 60 percent of all Online Searches are now carried out on a mobile device. Some industries are even higher.
There are some free tools to help you find out how users are interacting with your website. Page speed insights are exactly what it sounds like. Google Analytics can help you track key metrics such as bounce rate, pages per session, and session length. In simple terms, how long are users on your website, and how many pages are the users visiting on your website?
Timeless SEO Strategies
Since Google and other major search engines have been around for 20+ years, there is a good amount of data to know what ranks and what doesn’t. SEO strategies for 2021 should include quality optimized content, link building, and websites that create a positive user experience.