One of the best things your business can do for your website these days is create a blog. According to Hubspot, blogging helps boost SEO quality by positioning your website as a relevant answer to your customers’ questions. They also mention that blog posts which specifically use a variety of on-page SEO tactics can give you more opportunities to rank in search engines and get customers to visit your site. There’s quite a bit to breakdown in those two sentences so be sure to continue to read on to get a better understanding of what they mean.
Why Should I Start A Blog?
One of the most important things that blogging does for your websites’ SEO is that it allows you to expand your website and make it larger. It’s important to know that Google and other search engines appreciate seeing websites that are frequently adding new pages rich with content. They see you as taking a more active approach to your website and as a result, over time, will reward you with a higher ranking. The other great thing about blogging on your website in regards to SEO is that it affords you plenty of opportunities to feature the keywords you’re looking to rank for on a very frequent basis. For example, if you are a headshot photographer in Castle Rock, Colorado, featuring a keyword such as “castle rock headshots” or “headshots in Castle Rock” within your posts will over time help you climb the rankings. As Google sends its crawlers to your website, they’ll eventually begin to see you as being authoritative in your industry. That way, when someone searches in Google “where can I find a headshot photographer in Castle Rock,” the search engine will remember you as being someone who specializes in this and will rank you highly. Ultimately, while blogging isn’t necessarily a key factor in SEO success, it will do wonders for your website by adding extra “juice” to your SEO campaign as you post frequently and feature your keywords thereby getting Google’s attention.
Now that we know what it’s good for, here are a few tips for creating a high quality, SEO powered blogs:
- When writing your blogs, be sure to have a minimum of 400 words.
- Focus on using two “long tail” keywords within the post. The two examples previously mentioned would be solid keywords to use if you are a headshot photographer in Castle Rock, CO.
- Be sure to include the keyword in the text 3-5 times. Using it too often is an SEO trick of the past and Google can now tell when a page is “keyword stuffed.”
- Include an image.
- Make sure the post contains at least two external links.
- Make sure that the post contains multiple internal links to other relevant content.
- Optimize your content on the backend by including things such as as meta-descriptions and alt-text for images
By following these guidelines and keeping the rest of the information in mind, you’ll be able to add extra power to your campaign and soon enough you’ll be blogging for SEO success.